Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Legacy

Today I feel incredibly blessed by God's provision of wonderful, God fearing friends. I love studying God's word with those who are passionate about Him! I just finished studying the book of Ruth with my Moms bible study group and I am amazed and in awe of Ruth's charcter and courage! She left her homeland, followed Naomi even after Naomi urged her to return home! She followed after God courageously and then with hard work and perseverance in the fields was noticed by Boaz. She was a woman with character and integrity and pursued excellence with her whole heart. Then, I love how the story of Ruth culminates with Ruth giving birth to Obed, who is the father of Jesse, the father of David! What a lineage! What a legacy because she courageously left everything to pursue God! I often pray Lord "Enlarge my territory" as seen in this verse in the Bible: ‘Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory. Let Your hand be with me, to keep me from evil, so that I may not be grieved.’ (1 Chronicles 4:10) And I pray all Christians follow after Christ and leave behind what the world has to offer!

Easter is coming so I have been on Pinterest finding different ways to help celebrate Jesus and his resurrection with my sweet 20 month old! We loved planting an Easter Garden which can be found here: http://mediacache.pinterest.com/upload/218495019391568479_3wI73Ndz.jpg
We loved watering our Easter garden with our new milk watering jug which can be found here: http://ajourneytoadream.blogspot.co.uk We also loved making the palm branches from her palms which can be found here: http://impressyourkids.org/ We plan to make Resurrection rolls and have a feet washing ceremony and read John 13!
We also plan to bless our neighbors in small ways to show Christ's love! I love being a mom and sharing Christ's love and hope you do too!!! Oh and don't forget to invite your neighbors to Easter service!


No comments:

Post a Comment