Saturday, December 31, 2011

Marriage Mondays Part 1

I love romance! Yes, I am definitely the one my sisters call "mushy" and I definitely receive some good- humored poking fun about it! But I'm okay with that:)
I am forever a dreamer which makes me smile knowing my husband! He is incredibly practical and a definite realist! But God is the perfect match maker and truly gives us a mate that helps us to thrive and refines us to be more like Christ each and everyday! So I have a challenge! I have prayed about what God would have me do to serve my husband better and guess what? He answered!

Challenge 1: Wear joy

Simple sounding right? I thought well thats easy enough- I am a very chipper person! But I know with our spouse they are the first ones to see our worry, our lack of poise after a long day, etc. And I realized that often times what my husband needs after a long day of work is not for a perfect house, not a to-do list that is completed, not for my clothing to fit a certain way, or my make-up to be perfect, not even the perfect meal served to him. My husband excels the most, when he finds me at home and being joyful! It ceases to amaze me the times I've looked completely unkempt but have great joy and my husband just lights up. And I have seen the opposite as well. When I think I have done everything perfectly, I have completed all my errands, the house looks amazing (rare:) and my hair is curled....but I wear worry and stress and it is written all over my husbands face. We are called by God in....

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

So I have learned that sometimes the best gift I can give my husband is a joyful heart! Don't get me wrong- I know we cannot be constantly happy but instead we are to wear joy in all circumstances because we are confident in God's plan!

I pray that you will choose a joyful heart this week! :) Please leave a comment and let me know how the week went!

No comments:

Post a Comment