Monday, December 19, 2011

I love Pinterest for so many reasons!

(Okay I love love love this little blue-eyed angel!!!)


Pinterest is my new best friend- not really:) but you know what I mean! I was a little skeptical at first- a virtual pinboard- hmmm really? But then I decided to give it a try and soon afterwards I found myself plunging in! I felt at first that it could be a frivolous hobby and would be of little impact to my days but I have been surprised in an awesome way! I leapt into the craft section for Lily! We have made an ornament called Lily's favorites with her favorite things glued on (mickey, a bear, dog, etc.), and beautiful handprint cross with red and green alternating handprints and more. I feel so inspired! I also have a million new recipes to try both simple and complex and some wonderful biblical resources  Advent ideas, and more! I have found links to blogs to teach me how to manage clutter, schedules and time. And you know what? After much deliberation, I do not feel guilty! I so desperately want the world to see Jesus and I don't want to waste time so..... where in the world does pinterest come in???? I feel like we too often apologize for taking time to make our house a safehaven for our precious family, to make memories of our babies sweet little handprints, to teach them scripture in a fun and memorable way, to cook new meals to serve our hard-working husbands, and more. In Titus 2:4 Paul speaks to the nature of womens role stating: "Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."

Thank you Lord for this New Year of 2012 that will soon be here! I CANNOT wait to bring in the New Years praising the Lord for all of the blessings in my life and for all of the amazing and I mean AMAZING friends and family that surround me! God is indeed so faithful! The Lord has just laid a verse on my heart the last few days which I would like to close with: Psalm 90:12 "Teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom"

Leave me a comment if you will and let me know what pinterest treasures you have found!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment