Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fun and Frugal in the Fall

FUN AND FRUGAL IN THE FALL :)

So are you ready for this???? I am making Lily bugs costume for Halloween! So, for most people this may be a small “to do list” check but for me it’s a monumental feat! I have absolutely no creative artsy abilities (except for photography) which makes costume making a bit of an undertaking! I also want to live frugally to serve my family and the Lord by being a good steward of my resources. Therefore, I can tell you with great excitement I am accomplishing both! Hooray! And I know each person out there can do the same if I am able! So, here it is- Lily will be an angel this year! She is our little miracle, angel baby so nothing else would fit :) I made the tutu by buying a piece of satin ribbon at Joann’s and about 3 yards of white and light pink tulle. I cut the tulle in 20 inch long by 6 inch wide sections and then simply tied them around the ribbon and volia- a tutu for my angel!!!! Then, I purchased a onesie at walmart for around $3. Hmmm- how to make the onesie embellished??? I decided to shop at Michaels and guesss what bargain I found? I nearly leaped for joy right there in that store!!! I found an iron-on embellishment for $1 that said angel and had wings- I feel like I am about to jump right out of my chair just writing this! God has just blessed this little project! Oh and I forgot to tell you- I can re-use the onesie to let her wear day-to day and the tutu can be used for taking portraits of Miss Lily pie! I plan to buy angel wings which I can use for new-born portraits ( I have a small photography business). I am also going to buy silver, strappy shoes- which she can use for daily use as well!!! So, halloween doesn’t just have to be a one time wear! I will post pictures below of each item! I can’t wait to show you the finished project!

Okay, I also wanted to say I am challenging myself to memorize one verse a day for each week! This week is Proverbs 24:26 ”An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.” So, that is my challenge to anyone reading this! Make the Lord your priority- He is so faithful and so awesome and you will be incredibly blessed by it!

Matthew 6:33 (NIV)But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Lily’s tutu for her angel costume!

The embellishment for Lily’s onesie

The white onesie for Lily’s angel costume


No comments:

Post a Comment