Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gaining a New Perspective


I am thankful to God for our wreck on Thursday:) WHAT???? You may be asking?? We were hit by a sweet gentleman who accidentally ran a red light while turning. Our SUV was significantly damaged and it will be taking quite a lengthy vacation at the body shop. My precious Lily was sitting in the backseat- I immediately looked back and saw her- frightened but unharmed. I looked to my husband who was jolted and alarmed but looked to be okay.

I will tell you the crash was by no means a horrific accident. It was a solid crash but nothing extraordinary. However, rest assure I believe God uses those moments to remind us that Psalm 34:7 is true: "the angels of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him and He delivers them." I like to think that when I reach heaven and meet Jesus its little moments like this where He will show me His presence was right there surrounding me and protecting me! And that just makes me smile:):)

I just love 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 where Christians are instructed to"rejoice always, pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

There are those moments in life, those split seconds, where you believe something awful might be about to happen- It's in those moments where you realize your true North. You know what went through my mind? Some of it is kinda silly really!! I prayed a quick please Jesus forgive of me of all my sins- I wanted to make sure I was squared away with Jesus!!:) And I thought oh gosh I MAY GET KNOCKED OUT as I saw a pole! On a more serious note, I thought please don't let this change everything- please let us all be okay- please don't let us be hurt- mostly I thought oh my gosh Lily- over and over!!!! It's amazing how many thoughts flood your mind in mere milliseconds. When I saw my sweet, precious baby and husband were unharmed- I felt so overwhelmingly delivered from what could have been a completely different outcome. This wreck completely re-established my priorities in terms of time and perspective. Therefore, I can truly give thanks to God for this wreck!

Please give your husbands and babies extra hugs and kisses today!:) Let them feel your love shower over them and thank God for how special they are to you! Tell them you love them and never, ever take the gifts God has given you for granted. Oh and pray for God's complete protection over your family! :)

My new bible verse for the week is: Romans 8:1!!
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"

Have a blessed week and just remember to give thanks to God for everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment