Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Learning to Relax :)


Okay it happened to me today:) I was taking a quick trip to Target after putting Lily to bed. It started rather innocently. I turned up the radio and this great country song came on. I felt like I was 18 again! I blasted the music way too loud and rolled down my windows- I know!!! That was so high-school right???!! I couldn't resist and proceeded to quite loudly scream- I mean sing along. It was really rather fun!! Okay so what does this post have to do with anything??? I think sometimes I just need to relax. I was tied up in knots a few days ago before talking to a very dear and wise friend. I told her I wanted to make the most of Lily's days as Ephesians 5:16 (ESV) states : "making the best use of the time, because the days are evil" that I was rather consumed with worry over good biblical crafts, books, etc. Do you know what she told me??? I can still hear it now! She said that just spending time with Lily and loving her abundantly was a very worthy goal! By spending time with Lily I am able to do what God instructs parents in His word.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

So, I am learning to relax and realize that Matt and I are not soley responsible for Lily- not even close- God is leading us every step of the way and I need to fall into His hands and live by His precious guidance and learn to relax a little bit!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment